See How These Vanity Lights Can Enhance Your Bathroom
Brighten up your home with these additions to your bathroom.
While natural lighting in your bathroom is an advantage, vanity lighting can also pack a punch. The best kinds of vanity lighting are stylish and practical — whether you need additional light to put on your makeup or you just want to spruce up your bathroom’s aesthetic.
Vanity lights add power for task lighting, and they’re attractive too. These fixtures are simple, easy to style and come in a range of shapes and styles that can take your bathroom to the next level. Since your bathroom is the space where you’ll start and end your day, you’ll want to have functional lighting for chores like shaving, makeup application and hair styling.
What is a Vanity Light?
Vanity lights are a subset of lighting fixtures that are mounted above the bathroom vanity, which typically consists of a sink, countertop and mirror. These lights are considered task lighting and not meant to fully light a bathroom on their own, so think twice before completely replacing all the lighting in your space.
Vanity Sizes Available
These light fixtures are available in a range of sizes at Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery. There are single vanity light fixtures, which are ideal for smaller spaces and narrower mirrors. Bigger mirrors may call for two to four vanity lights.
Variety of Shapes and Styles
There are also many vanity light shapes available, allowing you to find the one that perfectly suits your bathroom aesthetic. Some popular shapes are:
- Bar: These lights have a classic feel and usually consist of long rectangular shades enclosing multiple lamps.
- Cage: Evoking a more rugged, industrial bathroom mood, cage vanity lights frequently allow the light to shine unobstructed, without a diffuser.
- Globe: For a modern or contemporary aesthetic, globe vanity lights are clean and slightly quirky.
- Shaded: These fixtures are diverse and versatile, covering a wide range of shapes and styles. However, it is important to choose fixtures with metal or glass shades because fabric shades (unless they are safety rated for bathroom use) are often not suitable for damp environments.
- Tube: These lights are similar to bar lights but have a rounded fixture that gives it a more futuristic flair. The long tube shape keeps things sleek and simple.
You can find these vanity light fixtures and more at Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery. Check out the company’s website to start shopping.