6 Things to Maintain in Your Home this Fall
A seasonal to-do list to keep things tidy.
A new season means it’s time to check in on your home’s exterior and interior spaces. With cool, rainy weather approaching, here’s how you can prepare your house for the fall.
- Seek out any exterior repairs. Look around your property to see what needs to be done, like sealing gaps to keep out critters and drafts.
- Care for your trees, shrubs and lawn. Take some time maintaining your landscape, clearing out leaves, weeds and such.
- Clear out the gutters and downspouts. It’s important to clean your gutters and downspouts so they’re free of debris ahead of the rainy season.
- Don’t forget the roof. While tending to your gutters and downspouts, remember to check on your roof, too, to see if there are any issues that need addressing.
- Check up on your home-security devices. Make sure they’re fully operational — especially during the holiday season when people are away from home. Get started with these simple, smart additions to secure your home.
- … along with your detectors. Fire alarms, smoke detectors and so on — these all need some inspection. Batteries should be replaced and systems must be working.