Beyoncé’s Lemonade Recipe
As featured in her 2016 visual album, Lemonade.
When life hands you lemons, you know what to do: Make lemonade. What is summer, if not sipping on some lemonade, anyway? I took it a step further by trying Beyoncé’s recipe, as recited in her 2016 visual album, Lemonade.
It’s a simple recipe. It was sweet and the lemon zest in it adds an unexpected but delightful kick to it. Try it out yourself.
1. Take one pint of water (which comes out to 2 cups).
2. Add a half pound of sugar. (It comes out to around 2 cups; that’s a lot of sugar, so I went with 1.5 cups instead.)
3. The juice of 8 lemons.
4. The zest of half a lemon.
5. Pour the water from one jug, then into the other, several times.
6. Strain through a clean napkin. (I skipped this after waiting 10 minutes. It still turned out fine.)